Friday, July 17, 2009

The Beauty of Women



Today I am reminded of the generous heart of women. I am reminded of the women I've known in my life, whether in passing or in friendship, and how their warmth and tenderness have seen me through some of life's most difficult times.

When I was in my twenties, I was struck by the capacity of women's nurturing hearts for the first time. These women, they held out their hands and cradled me until I had mended. Women that were much older than me, women I did not know well. They held me anyway, with such love and compassion, it changed my life forever.

Now in my thirties, I have been again reminded of the generous heart of women. Again, they've laid their hands on me. Shed tears for me. Laughed with me. Held me. Carried me when I could not carry myself. Loved me when they sometimes could not even love themselves.

The beauty of women is their unyielding capacity to give, to care, to reach out and hold you without hesitation, without ever having to ask.

My heart is full as I offer my love and gratitude to the beauty of women. They are young and old. Simple and complicated. Close and distant. Gracious and reticent. We are different, but we are all women.


Image provided by Clipart

2 comments :

  1. Thank you for your kind comments. I'm keeping them close to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Trina,
    I have just come across your blog and I am LOVING it. When I read this post I had to comment. I completely agree with you about the love and generosity of women. Thank you I don't know why we don't celebrate this more.
    It's is a cold rainy Saturday morning here in Australia and I have lots to do but I just keep needing to read one more post.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts. Kind regards, Catherine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...